What is a Nose job/Nose Correction?
A nose job, also known as rhinoplasty, is a surgical procedure that is performed to alter the shape of the nose for either medical or cosmetic purposes. Apart from making your nose look more symmetrical, rhinoplasty or Tipoplasty is also advised if you have breathing problems, or a broken nose.
Rhinoplasty can be performed using two methods:
- Open rhinoplasty – The incision is made on the external side of your nose to give more access to your nose and cartilage.
- Closed rhinoplasty – Scar free rhinoplasty where we access your nose from inside and make an incision there. There will be less access to nasal areas, cartilage etc but there will be no scar.
What is Tipoplasty?
Tipoplasty is a surgical procedure that involves reshaping and correcting the tip of the nose, only the tip of the nose. It includes the process of reshaping the nose’s tip to create a better balance with the other area of the nose and facial features.
Who is a good candidate for nose surgery?
- If you have an uneven shape to the nose that affects your breathing and appearance.
- If you have a disfigured nose due to an injury or accident.
- You need to be 15 years or older, so that the cartilage and bone of the nose have stopped growing.
Reduction rhinoplasty reduces the size of the nose. With this type of rhinoplasty, you can opt for reducing the size of your nose or you can ask your surgeon to make specific areas of nose smaller like the hump, tip, bump etc. Our surgeon will remove bone/cartilage to achieve the results you desire shape/size.
Augmentation rhinoplasty enlarges a nose that is too small. It is used to increase the size of the nose or increase the size of specific areas of the nose. With augmentation rhinoplasty, our surgeon can increase the height of your nose bridge or increase the projection of your nasal tip to give your nose a more beautiful look. A bone, implants or other registered & well-tolerated materials will be used for the additional framework.
Dr. Majid is specialized in Cosmetic and General Surgery with over 10 years of experience in facelift, eyelid surgery, body contouring, dermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing, implants and liposuction. He has been graduated with honors from Shiraz University of Medical Science in the specialty of surgery.